Social Media at Western University
Western-affiliated social media sites and groups are an extension of the Western community. In addition to Western’s Student Code of Conduct, we ask that you respect the following guidelines which have been designed to help provide a quality environment for our community members. Please take a minute to read them and keep them in mind whenever you participate.
We make all attempts to allow open discussions without interference; however we reserve the right to moderate any posts that don't adhere to our guidelines and will block repeat violators. Specifically, we will not tolerate these behaviours:
- Any post that is abusive, harassing, stalking, trolling, threatening or attacking others
- Posts that are defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or depicting violence
- Posts hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs
- Fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading posts
- Deliberate disruption of discussion
- Posts that are “spam” or promotional in nature
- Any type of solicitation
Western University has a Code of Student Conduct of which all students must abide by: http://www.uwo.ca/univsec/pdf/board/code.pdf
While we are excited to hear from everyone, it is important to note that postings by individuals do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Western, nor does Western confirm their accuracy. If you have any concerns regarding content or behaviour within a Western social media community, please contact our social media team immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much for participating in Western’s community. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say and we thank you for helping create a safe & supportive online community!
Last Updated: January 13, 2014