Technology in Education Symposium (TIES) accepting presentation proposals
By Communications Staff
February 04, 2013
The Technology in Education Symposium (TIES) is an exciting one-day, university-wide event scheduled for March 8, 2013, which will showcase and explore the uses of technology in teaching graduate, undergraduate, and continuing studies students across all disciplines at Western and its affiliates.
This symposium will focus on quality of education as it relates to instructional technology and elearning. While the sessions offered will address the opportunities and challenges of using instructional technology, the focus is less upon tools than upon innovative teaching principles and practices.
Participants will hear and see how instructors and others employ technology to engage students and enrich learning, and to connect with others from across the campus who are exploring the potential of instructional technology and online education.
We are seeking proposals for panels, roundtables, papers, and posters on a wide range of possible subjects. Panels should be designed for 3 or 4 papers. Paper presentations should be 15-20 minutes each.
Possible subjects for panels, roundtables, papers, and posters:
- Philosophies of education and technology
- Academic integrity and intellectual property
- Innovative employments of OWL in teaching
- Design and implementation of online courses
- Clickers, multimedia and other in-class technology
- Innovative uses of slide shows, multimedia, and online resources
- Blogging and social media platforms as teaching tools
- Web site design for courses
- Flipped classrooms and blended learning
- Peer instruction and technology
- Technology and accessibility in the classroom
- Case studies of the use of technology in education
- Evaluating the success of instructional technology
- Success stories about instructional technology
- Particularly innovative platforms and applications
- Issues and problem areas for technology in teaching
- Student preferences for approaches and technologies
- Research in progress
- Other topics on instructional technology appropriate to a poster-length treatment
Please submit a proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Name of presenter(s):
• Email address(es) of presenter(s):
• Your Department or Unit:
• Your university (Western, King’s, Huron, Brescia, etc.):
• Title of presentation:
• The type of presentation (paper, poster, roundtable, panel discussion, etc.):
• (Max) 250 word abstract:
• Technology requirements (projector, SMARTboard, etc.):
Deadline for proposals: January 25, 2013 (vetting completed by February 1).
If you have further questions please email email@example.com
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Off-Campus Advertising Sales:
Chris Amyot, Campus Ad
National Advertising Representative:
The University of Western Ontario